Skip to main content



Contractor - An individual or organisation carrying out work commissioned and under contract for the University, other than under a contract of employment – for example building/maintenance work, service engineers and specialist contractors (eg film crews and/or photographers).

Permit to work – Some hazardous work situations can only be carried out under a permit to work system. It is vital that in such circumstances all affected parties are informed and agree to system being adopted. For more information on permits to work, see the guidance for contractors.

Contractors Downloads