Trade Union Safety Representatives
Trade Union safety representatives are respected as partners in their roles as employee representatives, and members of health and safety committees and inspection teams. They play a crucial role in representing all staff at the University to help create a positive health and safety culture. They have a number of statutory functions some of which are met by:
- consultation and discussion with the University on safety, workplace health or welfare
- discussions with the Health and Safety Executive or other enforcing authorities
- investigating hazards and dangerous occurrences
- investigating complaints
- being informed of reportable accident and incident investigations
- carrying out inspections of the workplace and relevant documents.