The Health and Safety Policy is the University’s written commitment to keeping us all safe and well. Having just consulted on an updated draft of the Policy, we are now finalising this to share with our community later in the year.
in the meantime, at the bottom of this page under ‘Downloads’ you can find:
The current University of Leeds Health and Safety Policy.
The Foreword from our new Vice-Chancellor Simone Buitendijk showing her commitment to health and safety. As this has recently been written, it will be added to the 2021 Policy.
The current leaflets which set out some actions you should carry out to help meet your responsibilities as a:
- Member of staff/ student.
- Academic Leader/ Line Manager/ Academic Tutor.
- Head of School/ Service.
- UEG (University Executive Group) member.
Key points you need to know, include:
- Health and safety is everyone’s responsibility – this means that we all need to fulfil our responsibilities and take care of ourselves and each other, as part of our everyday activities.
- Anything (well, almost anything!) is possible if it’s managed properly.
- The health and safety responsibilities you hold, reflect four levels within the University line management structure: all staff, Academic Leader/ Line Manager/ Academic Tutor, Heads of School/ Service and UEG members.
- You may hold more than one role at any given time, and if you do, you take on the extra responsibilities for each additional role.
If you would like further support or printed versions of the leaflets, speak to your Health and Safety Manager or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.