Medical Advice and Information
- Emergency services When to dial 999? - When someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.
- Non-emergency service When to dial 111? - If you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation
- Access to Work Information and practical advice from gov.uk on an access to work grant which can help pay for practical support to help you work if you have a disability.
- Get well soon Information from the Royal College of Surgeons to help you recover after some of the more commonly occurring cases of surgery.
- Health Information Factsheets from Bupa on a number of health conditions and advice on how to stay healthy.
- Occupational Health Guidelines Information from the NHS Health at Work Network about the management of health conditions
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Information from the national independent watchdog for work-related health, safety and illness. It acts in the public interest to reduce work-related death and serious injury across Great Britain's workplaces.
- Public Health England Information from an executive agency of the Department of health who protect and improve the nations health and wellbeing, and reduce health inequalities.
Travel & International Advice
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) Information on how they promote the United Kingdom's interests overseas, supporting our citizens and businesses around the globe.
- Foreign Travel Advice From Gov.uk who provide advice for travel to different territories across the world.
- Know Before You Go A guide on the campaign by the FCO about how staying safe and healthy abroad.
- Travel Health A practical guide from the NHS on how to stay safe and healthy when travelling overseas.
- Travel Health and Vaccinations Information from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention on health information and advice on vaccinations.
- The Hospital for Tropical Diseases (HDT) Information from the HTD who are dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases and travel related infections.