First Aid - Definitions
Appointed person The individual who:
- Takes charge following illness or injury at work.
- Maintains first aid equipment. In most cases this means ensuring the first aid box is stocked and restocked.
Departmental first aid coordinator The person responsible for:
- Undertaking an assessment of the needs of a work area.
- Liaising with other parties when needed on first aid matters e.g. the occupational health service and safety personnel.
- Coordinate cover within a building when appropriate to cover other departments.
- Ensuring the required equipment and number of certificated first aiders are available within their area of responsibility.