Across the University people use a wide range of hazardous substances. The information in these pages aims to protect both people and the environment from harm.
Key points of the protocol are;
- The full lifecycle of a hazardous substance is managed.
- Hazardous substances are risk assessed and controlled.
- Certain hazardous substances are identified (A and B list) which have additional control requirements.
- When a person leaves their role they formally handover any hazardous substances.
- All hazardous substance waste is disposed of in line with the University waste procedures
If you need any additional help please contact your Health and Safety Manager.