First Aid at Work
In the event of injury or sudden illness, first aid can make all the difference to a person's recovery, and could even save their life.
It is important that anyone who is injured or taken ill at the University receives immediate attention from a trained first aider.
Key points for this protocol are
- Inductions include how to get first aid assistance
- First aid notices are displayed
- People are competent to carry out first aid roles
- University-owned vehicles carry a first aid kit
- All accidents, incidents, near misses and cases of work-related ill health are reported
- Locations of University defibrillators on campus are published.