Biological Safety Sub-committees
Model terms of reference and membership
- The Health and Safety Sub-Committee meets as calendared (and if necessary at short notice) between University Health and Safety Committee meetings and reports directly into the University Health and Safety Committee. It has a remit to consider wellbeing, safety and health matters outside the normal University Health and Safety Committee cycle, including urgent matters. It comprises three trade union safety representatives and three members of management.
- The Sub-Committee must publish meeting dates at least one term in advance where staff can see them
- Meetings should not be cancelled or postponed except in exceptional circumstances, when the rearranged date should be announced as soon as pos sible.
- An agenda and previous draft minutes should be sent to all invited members 7 days prior to the committee.
- Co-opted advisers should attend only that section of the meeting to which they are contributing directly.
- Responsibility for meeting arrangements and facilitation, as well as taking, recording & distributing minutes lies with the Sub-Committee.
- Minutes should be circulated to all invited members of the Sub-Committee and made available for all staff to view as soon as possible after the meeting.