Frequently Asked Questions
Click a question to reveal the answer.
You can nominate any current member of staff and student at the University.
- Individual nominations: nominations can come from any student or member of staff at the University, but not from the person themselves.
- Team Nominations: nominations can come from any student or member of staff at the University including any member of the team themselves.
- Decide who you would like to nominate.
- Read the Guidance Notes at the end of the Application Form.
- Fully complete the Application Form attached below.
- Attach any evidence or background information required to support the case.
- Send the completed application into email@example.com or by post to The Vice-Chancellors Awards for Health and Safety, Health and Safety Services, 5 9 Willow Terrace by Tuesday 17 October 2017.
There is no need to apply directly for any specific award. If you put an application in highlighting what the person/ team achieved (in health and safety or in wellbeing), we will ensure it is considered on its own merits. The Vice-Chancellor personally reads all applications to decide which will win his own prestigious award.
Each application will be considered on its own merits, and representatives may be invited to attend the prize-giving ceremony held at 10am on Thursday 30th November 2017.
No, the actions can have occurred at any point.
If you would like any support with an application, please contact your Health and Safety Manager for advice.
Applications need to be received no later than Tuesday 17 October 2017.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and well give you an answer.